Felony Crime Defense in Atlanta
Dedicated Criminal Advocacy for Atlanta Clients Since 2005
You can expect serious defense from the Law Office of Tanya F. Miller, LLC. Our firm is known for tough representation and elite defense tactics. Our Atlanta criminal defense attorney was appointed chief senior district attorney for the Fulton County District Attorney's Office located in Atlanta.
Led by an attorney with experience as a prosecutor, we have a valuable edge and added insight that enables our firm to represent clients successfully, especially when they are faced with serious criminal charges.
In the state of Georgia, crimes such as the following are considered felonies:
- Drug crimes
- Rape / sexual assault
- Aggravated assault
- Aggravated battery
- White collar crimes
- Theft crimes
Penalties You Can Face
Felony convictions are serious. These crimes stay on your record, visible to potential employers, landlords, and others. They also will carry the following punishments:
- You will be unable to vote in the state of Georgia until your sentence is completed
- Your Second Amendment right to own a firearm will be nullified
- You may be required to register with the state, limiting the places where you can live and where you can go
- You may face license denials even if the license has nothing to do with the crime you were convicted of
- You will not be able to serve on a jury or work as a law enforcement officer
If you are found in possession of a firearm as a felon, you could face felony charges.
Protecting Your Freedom Means Calling the Law Office of Tanya F. Miller, LLC Today
All of the above consequences are in addition to the prison time and / or fines and other penalties you could already face as a direct result of the felony conviction. Because the stakes are so high, it is essential that you work with an attorney who can protect you effectively. At the Law Office of Tanya F. Miller, LLC, our goal is to fight for you when it matters most.
Call our Atlanta office
to schedule a no cost, no obligation